good to know
WHEN NOT TO GET A MASSAGE:
- Consumption of alcohol or drugs
- Presence of fever or pain
- Flu or cold
- Right after a major surgery
- Advanced organ failure (e.g. Kidney or Liver)
- Severe Atherosclerosis or Hemophilia
- Active Hepatitis
- Pitting Edema
- Sepsis or Bacteremia
- Infectious Skin Conditions
- Any medical condition which can harm the health of the massage therapist, other patients or yourself.
- First 3 months of pregnancy
NO MASSAGE FOR LOCAL AREAS WITH:
- Acute inflammation
- Burns, wounds or scars
- Varicose veins
- Nail Fungus
CONDITIONS WHICH REQUIRE TREATMENT MODIFICATIONS:
- High Blood Pressure
WARNING: Waxing is never done on clients taking Accutane. You must be off this medication treatment course a minimum of one (1) year prior to waxing.
Waxing is also not recommended for clients taking the following Acne and Anti-aging medication : Adapalene, Differin, Isotretinoin, Avage, Tazarac, Tazarotene, Retin A, Alustra, Avita, Renova and Tretinoin.
CAUTION: The following products can also make the skin more sensitive. Thin, sensitive skin is more vulnerable to lifting and sensitivity during waxing.
- Other Acne medications not listed above
- Bleaching agents for hair (used mostly for upper lip)
- Bleaching agents for pigmentation of skin (Hydraquinone, Trilumena)
- Previous chemical depilatories such as Nair
- Benzoyl Peroxide (ProActive)
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (Glycolic, Lactic)
- Oral Antibiotics
- Topical Antibiotics
- Salicylic Acid
- Other exfoliants
THINGS TO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION:
- Sunburned, irritated or areas with open skin cannot be waxed.
- Moles cannot be waxed.
- Waxing cannot be performed if you have been in a tanning booth the same day.
- You must wait a minimum of seven (7) days before waxing after a light chemical peel or Microdermabrasion.
- Waxing cannot be performed if you have had laser skin resurfacing within the past year.
- Waxing cannot be performed if you have had a physician administered peel within the past two (2) years.
- No sun/tanning booths for 2 days following a waxing treatment.
- Extra precaution should be taken if using tanning accelerators. Wait 2-3 days to wax before/after tanning with accelerators.
- For 24 hours after a body waxing treatment, no hot baths.
- For 24 hours after a body waxing treatment, no swimming.
- For 24 hours after a body waxing treatment, no deodorants.
- For 24 hours after a body waxing treatment, no abrasives.
- Women may experience extra sensitivity to waxing up to a week prior to the beginning of their menses.